Canadian Youth Energy Vision Project
By Meredith Adler
Are you aged 18-25?
Are you passionate about Canada and the future of energy?
Canada’s energy future needs you.
We are facing a critical point in history where Canada holds the potential to be a world leader in the low-carbon energy transition. Your voice is crucial to decide the priorities and vision for Canada’s shift to a cleaner energy and lower-carbon economy.
Right now, Natural Resources Canada is convening Generation Energy: an open and inclusive dialogue to envision what we – as the future leaders and citizens of this country – want our energy future to look like. We are aiming to help young people be a part of this crucial dialogue and to bring youth voices to the forum in October.
CityHive and Student Energy have joined forces to work with Generation Energy and launch the Youth Energy Vision Project a space for your voice and wide range of perspectives are heard and included.
We are on the search for 10 motivated and ambitious Youth Champions from across Canada to host a dialogue in their city to gather the ideas, input and thoughts of youth, and join Canadian Energy Sector leaders for the Generation Energy Summit in Winnipeg from Oct 10-12.
What does being Canada’s Youth Energy Vision Champion look like?
- Attend three training webinars on Aug 29, 31 and Sept 11 with fellow youth champions from across Canada
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate a dialogue for 20-50 youth. Resources and information on event logistics, facilitation skills, and energy issues will be provided.
- Gather all feedback to share with the Youth Energy Vision Project Team
- Attend the Generation Energy Summit in Winnipeg Oct 10-12 (all expenses paid) to share the vision and perspectives of your region’s youth
- You will receive a $300 honorarium for your work and participation
Who are we looking for?
- You are a Canadian aged 18-25
- You are well-versed and passionate about energy issues and Canada’s energy future
- You have a strong interest in genuine community engagement and gathering a diverse range of perspectives
- You have a knack for planning, coordinating and facilitating a dialogue or forum
- You are well-networked in your local community
- You are open-minded and able to hear a diverse range of perspectives and opinions
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to be
Canada’s Youth Energy Vision Champion!
Applications are due Aug 17 at 11:59pm