OGCI Emissions Reductions Internship Program
By Amanda Chouinard
Internship Opportunities in the Oil and Gas Sector
In the lead up to SES 2019, Student Energy has partnered up with OGCI Climate Investments to provide 10 Emissions Reductions Internships for students!
The Emissions Reductions Internships will provide the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in emissions reductions in the oil and gas sector, working on sustainable energy and low-carbon solutions. Ten diverse positions are available through OGCI Climate Investments and its member companies.
Oil and Gas Climate Initiative is a voluntary effort collaboratively led by the CEO’s of leading oil and gas companies. Member companies leverage OGCI’s collective strength to deliver solutions for a sustainable low-emissions future. OGCI members are individually active in their own sustainability work while collaborating broadly within the network to catalyze change on a large scale.
If you are passionate about sustainable energy solutions, want to apply yourself and learn new knowledge and skills while contributing to real work being undertaken in the oil and gas sector, apply now!
The internships will be paid and full-time hours, taking place this year running through the summer months; though specific durations may vary. Please note that candidates are responsible for ensuring that they are eligible to work in the country of the internship and speak the local language.
Each successful candidate will also receive a bursary to attend the 2019 International Student Energy Summit taking place in London, UK from July 17 – 20.
Applications are due by Jan. 31st. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below for a list of the available positions:
Location: United States
- Intern #1: Technoeconomic Analyst (see details)
- Analyze technical and economic viability of potential industrial CO2 sources from two major pipeline networks in the US
- Preferred discipline(s): M.Sc. or Ph.D. chemical engineering or mechanical engineering
- Intern #2: Future Investments (see details)
- Evaluate advances, trends and investment opportunities in disruptive technologies that are driving the global energy transition
- Preferred discipline(s): undergraduate bioengineering or chemical engineering or first-year MBA with completed undergraduate degrees in the fields listed above
Location: San Donato, Milan, Italy
- Intern #1: Sustainable Mobility (see details)
- Simulation and evaluation of affects of public transportation modes and alternative fuels on emissions related to transportation in Italy
- Preferred discipline(s): energy engineering or environmental/management engineering
- Intern #2: Life Cycle Assessment (see details)
- LCA study regarding commercial technologies for biogas production from biomasses
- Preferred discipline(s): chemical engineer or environmental/energy engineer
Location: Tour Coupole, La Defense, France
- Intern: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Sequestration (see details)
- Investigate CO2 production/consumption trends and geographic distribution of supply and demand, and provide an economic overview of key technologies
- Preferred discipline(s): engineering or business administration
BP (Environmental Technology Team)
Location: Houston, TX, USA
- Intern: Carbon & Energy Analyst (see details)
- Provide analytical support to the Power & Carbon Risk team to enable easier deployment of their Energy and Greenhouse Gase Model (EGM)
- Preferred discipline(s): engineering, economics, science or mathematics
OGCI Climate Investments
- Four positions based in London, UK (see details)