Come work with us! SevenGen Energy Program Coordinator
SevenGen is an Indigenous youth council committed to a sustainable and equitable energy future. Our mission is to create space and mobilize participation for Indigenous youth and communities to advance in the energy sector through capacity building, mentorship, program development, and advocacy. SevenGen envisions a future where our kin, seven generations ahead of us exist harmoniously, where the stewardship of the Earth is honoured and protected. SevenGen 2022 is supported through coaching and administrative support from Student Energy.
Reporting to the SevenGen Program Manager, the SevenGen Program Coordinator will work with SevenGen and Student Energy in the following ways to coordinate and manage the SevenGen Summit:
- Develop guidelines, templates, and tools as it relates to all responsible program areas;
- Assist with research and development of program-specific supports and resources;
- Assist with designing effective governance systems for the SevenGen team;
- Manage the SevenGen email, website, and virtual social spaces, with an eye to digital engagement and community-building;
- Manage data tracking of all delegates, speakers, and organizations attending the conference;
- Liaise with Indigenous communities, organizations, key partners, industry associations, private corporations, and clean energy proponents;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Term: The SevenGen Energy Program Manager term will be one year, starting in late April 2022, with the possibility of a contract extension for the right candidate.
Location: This is a fully remote position, as Student Energy and SevenGen have transitioned to a virtual work environment.
Weekly Hours: Full-time, fixed term (30-40 hours per week)
Job Application Deadline 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, April 10, 2022.