Come work with us! SevenGen Energy Manager
SevenGen is an Indigenous youth council committed to a sustainable and equitable energy future. Our mission is to create space and mobilize participation for Indigenous youth and communities to advance in the energy sector through capacity building, mentorship, program development, and advocacy. SevenGen envisions a future where our kin, seven generations ahead of us exist harmoniously, where the stewardship of the Earth is honoured and protected. SevenGen 2022 is supported through coaching and administrative support from Student Energy.
Working closely with the SeveGen Program Coordinator and SevenGen Committee, the SevenGen Manager will work with SevenGen and Student Energy in the following ways:
- Manage the SevenGen Program Coordinator by supporting with program development;
- Facilitate internal team meetings, and run weekly one on one check-ins with the coordinator;
- Oversee the Summit schedule and annual events;
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop materials for the program;
- Work with SevenGen Committee and Program Coordinator to develop a plan for the Summit;
- Oversee impact measurement and evaluation of the program;
- Design an effective governance structure and system for the SevenGen Committee and Program Coordinator;
- Oversee the SevenGen email, website, and virtual social spaces, with an eye to digital engagement and community-building
- Further SevenGen Fund development plan
- Create SevenGen program development strategy in collaboration with the SevenGen Council
- Other tasks as assigned.
Term: The SevenGen Energy Program Manager term will be one year, starting in late April 2022, with the possibility of a contract extension for the right candidate.
Location: This is a fully remote position, as Student Energy and SevenGen have transitioned to a virtual work environment.
Weekly Hours: Full-time, fixed term (30-40 hours per week)
Job Application Deadline 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, April 10, 2022.